THEME GROUP TUTORIAL
THOUGH THE EYES OF A CHILD...
THOUGH THE EYES OF A CHILD...
Dan Adler
Tutorial Exercise
Ideas of this theme group:
To create an environmental learning centre for primary school students.
Thing back to how you learnt as a kid! Think about experimental learning!
Visualisation...
Remember what your first learning experience was! where were you and who were you with? how did you feel?
My earliest memorie of learning was going to the museum of science in Brisbane. I was with my family but I only remember my brother and sister being there! All I have is glimpses of being in different rooms playing with different experiments... touching things that we wouldn't normally be aloud to touch etc... I remember most being happy! having fun with my brother and sister...
Now skip forward a few year! You are now in primary school! Do you remember going on any school excretions? What did you learn? How did you feel?
In primary school we went camping as a group. I remember that we were learning how to over come our fears and that we had to do a high ropes coarse. It was scary! To us at the time anyway! I remember our teachers giving us support to go up there and do something we were scared to do... Once we finally did it we felt a sing of relief!
Things to think about:
- How do you effect someones experience?
To do by next week!
1. Bring your Folie Design
2. Think of your core concepts
3. Look at your site analysis in accordance to your core concepts
CORE CONCEPTS AND PARAMETERS:
- Sensory Experience:
- Experiencing and heightening your other senses, not only
relying on sight
- Using the built environment to enhance your senses
- Invisible Forces of within the site
- How we perceive theses forces and how our bodies respond
to theses forces
- How we need to use our senses to experience and
understand these forces
- The Bunker Experience
- How being within the Bunkers heightens our senses,
trying
to work out what is going on out side the bunker
- How the building causes deprivation of sight and allows
for the other senses to come over


No comments:
Post a Comment